Title: Land Analyst
Location: Fort St. John, British Columbia
Direct Report: Lead Land Analyst
The Land Analyst is accountable to a selected Project Manager for error free, quality-controlled land administration. A Land Analyst will also be accountable for the following:
- Preparation of required documentation for the acquisition of lands, right-of-way, etc.
- Preparation of supporting land documentation such as surface acquisition reports, land owner line lists, consultation and notification reports, application documents and applications, etc.
- Prepare and update status reports and databases for each ongoing project
- Basic understanding of oil and gas regulatory and legislative framework
- Obtaining third party consents
- Prepare and update third party line lists
- Title documentation review
- Final package preparation and interest registration
- Completion of all types of oil and gas, ALR and MOFLNRO applications as required
- Maintain client and other third party relationships
- Work closely with Land Analyst, Lead Land Analyst, Project Coordinators, and Land Agents to complete assigned projects within tight deadlines
- Two plus years of experience working in Surface Land as a Land Analyst or a combination of four years of clerical/administrative support experience, education and/or training
- Knowledge of all activities and processes related to the acquisition process of surface land projects in British Columbia
- Experience in oil and gas, forestry, municipal/government administration or small business management
- Must have experience or training in keyboarding, database, spreadsheet, word processing and other standard computer applications (proficiency with Microsoft Office is an asset)
- Administrative and/or technical experience related to resource management or oil and gas activities
- Minimum one year experience processing and oil and gas documentation or data management
- Working with survey/construction plans, maps and legal descriptions
- Knowledge of application practices and procedures
- The ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with clients, industry, other stakeholders
- Excellent administrative, interpersonal and organizational skills with strong attention to detail
- Proactive, action oriented individual who is ready to contribute to a positive work environment
Why Canada West Land Services?
We are a positive, culture driven land broker providing quality solutions through a focus on strengthening relationships. We strive to put the right people in the right chairs, and provide them with the necessary resources to grow and succeed as both individuals and teammates.
Fun. Reliable. Authentic. Accountable. Adaptable.
|Job Category||Surface Land|