Title: Land Analyst
Number of positions: 2
Location: Fort St. John, British Columbia – Calgary, Alberta
Direct Report: Lead Land Analyst
Canada West Land Services has an opportunity for driven, adaptable and fun individuals to join our team. We are looking for teammates who love an everyday challenge and can juggle multiple tasks while still maintaining a high level of detail. We are currently in search of our next Land Analyst who will bring with them experience BC surface land administration to support our offices in Fort St. John and Calgary.
A strong understanding of BC regulatory processes, AMS submissions, Third Party maintenance and Consultation and Notification programs are considered an asset in this role. The Land Analyst will also be accountable for the following:
- Support a project team for permits, regulatory applications and third parties
- Preparation of required documentation for the acquisition of lands, right-of-ways, crown applications
- Preparation of supporting land documentation such as surface acquisition status reports, landowner line lists, consultation and notification reports, etc.
- Auditing of land packages, line list, acquisition documents and title review
- Maintain land database
- Obtain and manage receipt of third party consents as part of third party programs
- Final package preparation and interest registration
- Maintain client relationships when applicable
- Work closely with fellow Land Analysts, Lead Land Analysts, Project Managers, Land Agents and the Director of Operations to complete assigned projects within tight deadlines
- 3 or more years experience working on BC projects
- 2-5 years of experience working in Surface Land as a Land Analyst (BC experience preferred)
- Post-secondary education in land administration or relevant experience
- Must have experience or training in the use of spreadsheets, word processing and other standard computer applications (proficiency with Microsoft Office is an asset)
- Proficiency using land system software
- A strong understanding of Alberta and British Columbia regulatory processes and Consultation and Notification requirements
- Experience in oil and gas, forestry, municipal/government administration or small business management
- Extensive experience working with survey/construction plans, maps and legal land descriptions
- Commitment to a high standard of work and care for client satisfaction
- The ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with clients, industry, other stakeholders
- Excellent attention to detail, interpersonal and organizational skills
Why Canada West Land Services?
We are a positive, culture driven land broker providing quality solutions through a focus on strengthening relationships. We strive to put the right people in the right chairs, and provide them with the necessary resources to grow and succeed as both individuals and teammates.
Fun. Reliable. Authentic. Accountable. Adaptable.
These are our core values. If you share the same passions and would like to be a part of our dynamic team.
|Job Category||Surface Land|