Title: Senior Project Manager
Location: Calgary, AB
Direct Report: Vice President
Canada West Land is a comprehensive land management company focused on building meaningful relationships with Clients, Stakeholders and Indigenous Communities. With a history spanning over 40 years our longevity is a testament to our understanding, reliability, and innovation. We have an opportunity for a driven, adaptable and fun Senior Project Manager to join our growing team. We are looking for individuals who thrive on finding creative solutions and can juggle multiple tasks while still possessing effective leadership skills within a diverse team. The Senior Project Manager will not only manage complex projects, but also lead, mentor and develop teammates. If you are an individual who is adaptable, authentic and reliable we’d like to hear from you.
A Senior Project Manager will also be accountable for the following:
Role and Responsibilities:
- Ensures that projects are delivered on-time, within budget and to acceptable quality standards in adherence with the triple constraints of project management
- Develop and follow through on project specific deliverables and assess risks associated with projects
- Manage and communicate all non-technical elements of projects such as process and organizational change management and communications
- Provide critical feedback to the Vice President regarding file status, field files and overall project standing
- Relay project specific timelines and information to the and External client contact and Vice President when required
- Communicate success and deficiencies to Vice President in a timely manner
- Ensure project resources are adequate to meet project need
- Maintain 3rd party relationships as they pertain to project delivery
- Highly client-focused both within their project teams, outward to other business stakeholders and upward to senior leaders across the business
- Oversee and support Field/Land Agent expenses and hours as per project scope
- Responsible for the timely consultation, acquisition and reporting of all field activities on a project level
- Advise, direct, and mentor teammates on correct CWLS procedures and policies and industry best practices
- Monitor operations and communications from teammates
Qualifications and Skills:
Experience and Education
- 5+ years experience working with and leading teams in a high performing environment
- 10+ years of experience working in Surface Land
- Post-Secondary education in Business, Project Management or another related field
- Consideration will be given to applicants that show equivalent education and/or experience
- Experience coordinating projects and managing communication among project teams including geographically diverse teams
- Strong computer skills across various programs including but not limited to MS Excel, MS Project, SharePoint and Power BI
- Up to date knowledge of all activities and processes related to the regulatory processes in British Columbia and Alberta
- Proven leadership ability and demonstrated success implementing complex projects or programs
- Strong reputation and eager industry involvement
- Proactive, action-oriented individual
- PMP Certification (asset)
- Permanent Alberta Land Agent License (asset)
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with an emphasis on relationship management and team building
- Natural mentorship capacity both in coaching and transferring expertise to the team
- Effectively build and maintains a strong network and relationship at all levels
Why Canada West Land Services?
We are a positive, culture driven land broker providing quality solutions through a focus on strengthening relationships. We strive to put the right people in the right chairs and provide them with the necessary resources to grow and succeed as both individuals and teammates.
Fun. Reliable. Authentic. Accountable. Adaptable.
These are our core values. If you share the same passions and would like to be a part of our dynamic team.
|Job Category||Surface Land|